Sunday, June 16, 2013

Australian Over-Government.

Well, something was bound to go wrong.

A purchase of the '74-'75-'76 Topps sets is awesome in anyone's eyes.

Except my country's stupid customs & border protection policy.

They've decided to withhold my 3 sets at the airport, based solely on the fact that the value of the goods is over $1000. As such, I will now be forced to fill out numerous forms and pay an equal amount of fees, before they will even allow the sets to escape from the airport.

Thank you, Nanny State.

Let thousands of unidentifiable people from the middle-east enter our country illegally on leaky boats, and set them up for life with enough welfare for their entire extended families, but for a born-and-bred Australian citizen to receive some cards from the U.S.A., a big NO.

Sorry, I got a bit political there. I apologize, as I'm rather upset at the government that I had voted against.

Hopefully, my next post will be about Baseball Cards from the mid-70's, and not another rant at my selectively over-protective government!

Nick J

No comments:

Post a Comment