Saturday, May 13, 2023

When you become friends with a Hollywood screenwriter on Twitter.




 This is my first post that is not on the subject of baseball cards.

But I just had to share it, not so much for my own gratification, but for the kindness of a stranger. It occurred back in 2017, when I was more active on Twitter, rather than the blogs.

My joke writing had caught the eyes of several Twitter "elites" and thus some of the people who actually wrote for a living. Included among this bunch, was Ed Solomon, writer of Men in Black, Charlie's Angel's, Bill & Ted. etc.

I had just complained briefly about the fact that I loved Cheez-Its, and they weren't available anywhere in Australia. Ed sent me a private message asking for my address, and I gave it to him, anticipating one box of Cheez-Its. 

This is what he sent me.

What a great gesture, from a great man who has repeatedly asked for nothing in return.

Ed Solomon. What a guy. I owe him a beer or 10!

Nick

3 comments: