Thursday, July 4, 2013

74-75-76 Topps

Well folks, after about a month of 'customs-related-crap', I am extremely happy to say that the '74-'76 sets have arrived in perfect order.

I have never before seen such a legendary group of cardboard chunks in my life. After perusing Night Owl's 1975 Topps Blog over the last month and a half, I became so engrossed in the '75 set that I really didn't care too much about the '74 or the '76 sets. Just as long as the 1975 Topps Set was Complete and at my door.

And indeed, it was.

Every card in the set is in great condition, save for an occasional off-center cut here and there. But, wow... I now own a complete set of 1975 Topps! It's far out, man!

I'm still in the process of adding the new cards to my alphabetically arranged collection, but it should only take a couple of days, and by then I will be able to display (read : show off) some complete player collections, such as Dave Winfield, Dave Parker, George Brett, Robin Yount, Mike Schmidt, etc.

I may even get my scanner back before I finish my task - that may result in some actual scans of cards, rather than some silly photos.

While I'm here, I also have to explain how unbelievably awesome my Wife is.

Unbeknownst to me, she had been reading this blog. She noticed that I really wanted this card. So, what do you think showed up in the mail today? The very same card I had wanted since I knew it existed. This girl is one in a trillion, and I'm very lucky she's on my side!

For anyone that has been expecting some cards from me, I apologize, but I know your favorite teams, and I've been holding off sending the boxes out, as I knew I had more great cards on the way for you all.

I really can't wait to post some actual scans of the mid-70's cards I just received, hopefully, it will be in the next few days, otherwise, it will have to be photos (Boo!).

Nick J





2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on getting those sets all in one piece! They're a lot of fun.

    If 1973 is a tad pricey to buy as a unit, I would think you could get a long way toward getting it done through lots. I collected it in OPC and got started with about a 400-count lot. There are a couple ugly cards (price-wise), but otherwise it wasn't too bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to seeing your completed player collections! And glad you finally got that Total card of Nomo in a Rays uni! Your wife's a keeper!!

    ReplyDelete