Saturday, January 26, 2013

Topps Piazza Run

Every now and then I will sort my entire collection into teams.

Once I've done that I will put every card for each team in alphabetical order.

Then I will put every card in alphabetical order. That is a task which can take quite some time, since there over 120K cards to rummage through.

Just for something to do, I put my Topps Mike Piazza cards all together (Dodger years only) and threw a few 1992 issues of his to enhance the photo.

I'm pretty sure it's a lower-quality photo, but it's getting dark here and it's difficult to photograph exactly what I wanted in good light.

Anyway, here it is :






You may have noticed two different versions of the 1995 card. The one at the left of the second row is my favorite card in the photo. I got it in a Factory set of 1994 Topps, and it is one of the 1995 Topps Pre-Production set.

That black card is pretty cool as well.

It's a 1992 Donruss Phenoms card I scored off the Bay about a year ago. I think it was only a couple of bucks - who would say no to that?

Well, I'll make sure I take the next batch of photos in decent light, so that way we can actually see them properly!

Until tomorrow,

Happy collecting & blogging!

Nick J

2 comments:

  1. Cool Piazza cards! There a few of those there that I still need to get.

    I used to re-organize my cards my team (and them alphabetize the players) all the time. It's been a long time since I've done that, though -- too many cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, mate!

    I'm with you on the re-organizing cards by team - these days, with too many cards, I'm restricting it to Dodger cards only. That's still over 5,200 cards to organize, though, and it takes it's toll.

    Maybe I'll keep all of my Dodger cards separate from now on... permanently!

    ReplyDelete